UPDATE | 1st April 2020
Services Resume NATIONALLY
One Voice provides 35,000+ showers per year to our friends on the street BUT this HAD come to a temporary halt early last week, due to safety concerns for our volunteers and friends on the street.
Most support organisations have closed their doors or severely cut services NATIONALLY because of COVID-19, and this means there in little or NO access to shower facilities to maintain personal hygiene.
It was a tough process navigating the policies and procedures to enable us to re-engage our services but we finally got there, we are excited to announce that ‘Our services have now resumed Nationally – except for SA.
This was made possible due to a small amount of funding received through our GoFundMe Campaign, we are asking for the support of our generous community members, corporate businesses and private donors to help engage our other services asap.
THE PLAN now in ACTION
- We have deployed our trucks to open (park) spaces, to help avoid people congregating
- We have operators on site, trained and equipped with the necessary PPE (masks, sanitiser, disinfectant)
- Our showers are disinfected between each shower and a FULL SANITISATION after each shift
- We are educating our street friends on good hand / personal hygiene
- Working with health providers who are providing on site medical checks
Our actions and support will help reduce the risk to our friends on the street, our families, and our communities.
If just one or two of our friends on the street contract this deadly virus it would sweep through the homeless community like wild fire, putting enormous strain on health system, our street friends have no way to self-isolate.
NO FEES CHARGED BANK TRANSFER
BSB – 633000 | Account – 167977636
THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT
Josh Wilkins | CEO